The Kauffman Farm, Perhaps one of the most authentic Pennsylvania historic sites that exists in today's modern world, The Kauffman Farm is located in incredibly scenic Oley Township, Berks County. Abundant in open space, rolling farmland, and history, the entire township is in the historic district. The Kauffman Farm, which settled in 1763, is noted by scholars as one of the most important, complete German farmsteads of architectural and cultural significance in Pennsylvania. Situated on 125 preserved acres surrounded by large working farms, there is no sign of the 21st century in sight. In fact, Kauffman Road is named after the Kauffman family that settled there and owned the two adjacent farms. A setting lost in time, it showcases two main domestic buildings which are supported by many historic, ancillary stone and frame structures, remains/ family plot and historic Locust groves used to supply wood for fence posts. The main dwelling is constructed from handsome, carefully cut limestone quarried from the farm. At 3900 sq ft, it takes on stellar significance from its remarkably intact state of preserved, original, interior detailed elements, playing an important role in the study and interpretation of the evolution of the vernacular architecture of the region. A nearby three-story stone cabin with cedar roof, (1700 sq ft) erected from an earlier log cabin, has been restored to perfection. With a few minor items in place, one could live here while restoring the main house, or it lends itself to a perfect caretaker cottage or rental. Notable features include partially open floor exposing the spring that flows beneath the dwelling into the structure and out to a trout pond, exposed stone walls, Chestnut beams, brick floors and original 35-foot-wide walk-in fireplace. An 18th-century stone barn displays distinctive Germanic elements. A larger 19th century stone bank barn, a restored wooden shed with lapped wood shingled roof, other notable buildings, a piggery, corn crib, wagon shed, bakehouse, partial wood and stone stable, enclosed family graveyard, and remains of a limekiln. It is protected by an agricultural conservation easement and proposed deed-restricted Covenant to be finalized with the next steward. This one-of-a-kind piece of history is for someone that shares a passionate interest in historic architecture, as well as an interest and willingness to preserve and protect this very important farmstead. A remarkable piece of history, and landscape, to be coveted by a true preservationist.